Saturday 3 April 2010

Compaq Evo620 - Windows 7

Compaq Evo laptop install Windows 7

What an easy task installing windows 7 on this old Compaq EVO laptop.

I set the bios default settings, connected network cable, loaded the trial windows 7 dvd in the drive, said yes to all the questions (I formatted the existing drive).

When the install had finished the only hardware not working was the sound card (I did not try the wireless card, they won't work with xp correctly). I went to device manager and selected the sound card hardware and said update, and it did update.

For wifi I popped in a random Belkin pcmia card and few seconds later had installed it self and is working fine.

I added AVG Antivirus so I can test out for a few weeks.
http://free.avg.com/gb-en/download?prd=afg

The laptop is running reasonably well
The laptop spec is:-


I can't say will be as easy as this for all systems, I have installed on an old Del D600 which involved alot more effort

No comments:

Post a Comment